Friday, June 13, 2008

How to Market yourself ?

This question has been asked by an industrialist to a management student while making a guest lecture speech in a BBA college. " Do you really know marketing ? Have acquired marketing skill from your GURUs ?"
These question seemed a little bit humiliating but they were eye opener and had purposefully been asked to that particular boy. But the boy was infact representing the whole class of management students and for that matter the industrialist is the representative of the whole class of business men.
"If you really knows what marketing is ? Let us play a game . imagine yourself as a product and design a marketing strategy and campaign to market yourself." the industrialist went a step ahead and tried to trigger of the creativity of the students to bring out the real talents out of that college.
There was a student with average acadamic background this entire conversation appealed him.
He simply but clearly put his thoughts in front of the mass.
" If myself is a product, first of I shall assess myself objectively, and shall understand my streangth and weakness ( Limitations) and shall try to understand the trend of economy and HR market and shall try to predict the demand of next five years, I shall develop my self as per the need of the market. then Iwill have to find out the right employer who needs exactly the person like me and will have to convince him that I am the exactly tailormaid person for your organisation.!!!
Manoj Kotak
Management Consultant
4MP Management Consultancy

No comments: